Vehicle Inspection Gateway
- Original prepaid inspection receipt from the Ohio BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles)
- State issued I.D. or Passport (If driving the vehicle, a valid drivers’ license is required)
- Ohio title with the current owner name on the front
- All of the Original Receipts for any parts that were replaced on the vehicle
- Used Part Receipts must provide the Donor Vehicle's VIN
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
(New parts) the receipt/invoice identifies the part, the seller by name, lists the transaction specific number, and the transaction date.
(Used parts) the receipt/invoice identifies the part to include the VIN of the donor vehicle, the seller by name, lists the transaction specific number, and the transaction date.
No. The individual presenting the vehicle for inspection will need to bring all required documents and a copy of the owner’s drivers’ license to the inspection.
No. The name on the front of the title must be the current owner of the vehicle.
Any Ohio Deputy Registrar's location for $50.00 plus registrar’s fees.
No. You will be advised of what to corrected and you will not forfeit your inspection receipt until those corrections are made to vehicle.
You will need to apply for a salvage title at a local clerk of courts title office.
Yes. The vehicle must be in compliant with Ohio Revised Code section 4513.