Individuals must maintain ONE of the following to comply with the FR requirements:
- A motorist liability insurance policy. Insurance cards are issued by an insurer to the policy holder for each motor vehicle insured under a motor vehicle liability insurance policy;
- A $30,000 bond issued by an authorized surety or insurance company;
- A certificate of proof of financial responsibility signed by an insurance agent on a form prescribed by the Ohio BMV;
- A certificate issued by the BMV, after proper application and approval, indicating that money or a government bond in the amount of $30,000 is on deposit with the Ohio State Treasurer;
- A certificate of bond issued by the BMV, after proper application and approval, in the amount of $30,000 signed by two individuals who own real estate having equity of at least $60,000;
- A certificate of self-insurance issued by the BMV, after proper application and approval, to those more than 25 motor vehicles registered in their name or a company’s name.